Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Apps (2009) VLC gray video 4/17/2010

.
.
VLC - GRAY VIDEO window (problem solved!)

I was typing and didn't realize I had VLC selected and some setting changed and now my video is solid gray but the right size and has audio, it does this for ALL videos. I looked through the settings and can't find what to do. I did try a few video outputs but had no luck, please help!

"Go to prefrences, video, output modules, advanced and select open GL video output, that should work."

THANKS! IT WORKED!!! VLC now has video once again, no need to re-install. However "Windows GDI Video Output" doesn't have problems with unrelated translucent windows.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JEQUPOBV DealExtreme sku.13 drivers _-_ USB PC Webcam (1.3MPixel with 6-LED)____made_5_28_ 2008

Store Hours App (beta 0.11)



I need a good way of knowing when a store is going to open and close, more than this short list. So I came up with a new idea for displaying it and here is what I have programmed so far. It helps me know when certian places are open. Shows me store hours on every day of the week automatically by being updated constantly by the current time and day of the week. If you change the computer time/date, it will update 1 second after changing.

update: 9/16/2009
I fixed the math with the day of the week so now their all lined up perfectly for each day, where as before only Wednesday was lined up perfectly. I wanted to use math to simplify the code, rather than doing "if dayofweek = monday then line2.y1 = exactnumber" 7 times, i had it turn each day of the week into a number and use that number to multiply the distance to the next day of the week.

Update: 9/17/2009
Added a small circle which I decided if it was small enough that filled in white was better than bigger and hollow, and added the ability to attach the name of the store to above the cross-hairs and set them back to normal without causing errors. Current app is 19kb and started out as 14kb. I can shrink the size down by deleting some extra things, but i like them there as options for alternative ways of viewing, in case I decide it was better (which i didn't post images of the change i had previously).









10/6/2009

I have just finished getting a working app I made that tells me every 2 hours to take a break, by using the words in a text box. I need a break now, but i will add more features later.
Here is a sneak preview.


Alpha beta version 2 (10-6-2009)




Alpha Beta Version 5 (10-08-2009)



new version: 10/9/2009
* added code for minutes remaining and also subtracts from the hour (not fully coded yet)
* added minute modifier (and hour modifier)

*updated to include version 0.06 and some minor bug fixes. It still displays an hour more than it should most of the time which I will code later.


First C++ DOS app that worked in a compiler and executed outside of the compiler 10-07-2009:

No comments: